The Mindset of Competing
I recently got a chance to sit down with Jimmy Kennedy of Inside Tracker and discuss the mindset of competing. We discussed a number of topics including:
- Dealing with anxiety on the start line
- How to have confidence in your own abilities
- How to avoid comparing yourself to others
- Dealing with the pressures to perform at all times, even in practice
- Strategies for reducing the physiological effects of stress
- And much more!
The entire video interview can be viewed HERE!
“Reflect on your own abilities, run your own race, focus on doing what you can do in that specific situation. Try not to get too wrapped up in what’s going on around you. You’ve done the homework, you’ve put in the time. Take a deep breath, be confident in your preparation, and do whatever you can do!”